This document refers to personal data, this is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain. The Data Protection Act (DPA) and The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which is EU wide and far more extensive, seek to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects.
These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. The Upholstery Co. is pleased to provide the following GDPR information:
The Upholstery Co., Roscommon Business Park, Racecourse Road, Roscommon take our responsibilities under applicable data protection law, including GDPR and implementing legislation such as the Data Protection Act 2018 (“Data Protection Law”) very seriously. The purpose of this notice is to inform you of the data relating to you that we may collect and use and the uses (including disclosures to third parties) we may make of such data.
If you have any questions about our use of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Liaison, Gary Dunne, firstname.lastname@example.org or at the above correspondence address.
How we use your information
We may collect and process data relating to you during the course of our relationship with you. Such data may include:
- your name and contact details, including your address and telephone number;
- personal data relating to you in connection with our ongoing relationship with you, such as correspondence and calls with you and based on the services which we are providing to you;
Sharing of Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to third party recipients in connection with the above purposes, including:
- to third parties who we engage to provide services to us; or
- to competent regulatory authorities and bodies as requested or required by law.
We will not hold your data for longer than is necessary. We will retain your personal data for the duration of your engagement with us and for such a period of time after your contract ends as is necessary to comply with our obligations under applicable law and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise in connection with your contract.
How we use your information
The Upholstery Co. may access and process your data for the purposes of:
- contacting you by email for the purposes of carrying out customer satisfaction surveys;
- for the investigation and processing of complaints and conflict checks
- to facilitate cross-referrals across the franchise network, where appropriate.
Cookies are small data files placed on your computer or internet enabled device by websites to add functionality. A cookie can be used to identify a user’s computer or internet enabled device to the website, or to other third-party websites. Cookies help to improve the usage and effectiveness of the website, for example, by remembering preferences expressed by a user or tracking a user’s use of the website for statistical analysis.
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- the right to access your personal data;
- the right to request the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data;
- the right to restrict the use of your personal data;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- the right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require us to transmit that data to another controller.
The Upholstery Co. is a Data Controller under data protection legislation and in order to exercise any of the rights set out above, you can contact our Data Protection Liaison Officer, Gary Dunne at email@example.com
In the unlikely event that you are not happy with the way The Upholstery Co. have used your information or addressed your rights, you have the right to make a complaint to the Data Protection Commission by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: July 2021